February is #LibraryLoversMonth
February 25, 2019
The month of February is National Library Month. For preschool children, libraries provide storytimes, access to hands-on activities, exposure to lots of books, resources and more! We love libraries and wanted to take this opportunity to share that love this month. Be sure your little one has a library card! Below are some tips for enjoying local libraries with your little ones.
- Let your little one(s) choose books to check out. Talk to your children about their favorite books, favorite authors and the things in which they are interested. You can then help them make a list of books (or types of books) they want to look for at the library. You may even be able to reserve some of those books from your library's website so they will be waiting for you when you get there
- Visit your local library's storytime. Visit your local library's website or social media page to find out when they host storytimes and other activities. Plan an outing to enjoy the fun activities the library has to offer.
- Bring a bag to use for the books. Select or make a bag with your children that is used especially for library trips. The bag will come in handy when you check out several books for your preschooler.
- Visit other libraries. Your local library is an awesome place to start and your go-to location for checking out books. However, it could be fun to explore other local libraries in near by cities or counties. Click here to find a list of libraries in Tennessee. Plan your visit around a special activity being hosted by the library or just stop into a new location to explore.
- Volunteer at your local library. Find out if there are volunteer opportunities for you and your little one the local library. Or maybe, just help your little one write a thank you note to the local library/ librarians for the service they provide to your community.
What tips would you add to this list? Let us know how much you love your local library by posting on social media. Don't forget to tag us so we can share your post!