Get Caught Reading, Volunteering and Giving during Tennessee Imagination Library Week 2017
September 1, 2017
This year, GBBF is launching the second-annual statewide #GotCaughtReading social media challenge, in celebration of Tennessee’s Imagination Library Week 2017, Sept. 17 to 23. Governor and First Lady Haslam will launch the #GotCaughtReading challenge on Monday, Sept. 18 by posting a photo of themselves reading an Imagination Library book with their grandchildren.
As we celebrate over 30 million books mailed in Tennessee since 2004, we are expanding the #GotCaughtReading challenge to include a different theme each day of Imagination Library Week, revealing a variety of ways to celebrate on social media. Through this challenge, GBBF encourages all Tennesseans to post on social media each day of Imagination Library Week, raising awareness of early childhood literacy and the joy of reading with children. Keep reading for more information on what GBBF has planned, and how you can participate!
Monday, Sept. 18: #GotCaughtReading
- Post a picture of you reading an Imagination Library book or another children’s book yourself or to a child, class of students, group of people, etc. with text about Tennessee’s Imagination Library and Imagination Library Week. Tag others to encourage them to post with the hashtag #GotCaughtReading.
Tuesday, Sept. 19: #GotCaughtBidding or #GotCaughtGiving
- Join us on Tuesday, Sept. 19, as we unveil a special opportunity to bid on a unique painting of Dolly Parton by Nashville artist Arthur Kirkby. The online auction will start on Tuesday, Sept. 19, at 9:00 am and end Wednesday, Sept. 20, at 9:00 am. Proceeds will benefit Tennessee’s Imagination Library. Post to encourage others to bid with hashtag #GotCaughtBidding. Click here for more info about the painting and how to bid.
- OR Make a general donation to Tennessee's Imagination Library and encourage others to do so with hashtag #GotCaughtGiving. Click here to donate and/or set up your own fundraising page to share.
Wednesday, Sept. 20: #GotCaughtLearning
- Share a post about the research and statistics of why early literacy matters and impacts of Tennessee’s Imagination Library with the hashtag #GotCaughtLearning. Click here to view stats to use from our website.
Thursday, Sept. 21: #GotCaughtVolunteering
- Tell everyone why you support or volunteer with TN’s Imagination Library. Take a picture holding the sign "I Support the TN Imagination Library because...." #GotCaughtVolunteering Click here to download a sign to use.
Friday, Sept. 22: #GotCaughtEnrolling
- Post a photo of you enrolling a child into Tennessee’s Imagination Library, and/or share a post that tells us why every child in Tennessee should enroll! Include this enroll link in your post: https://www.governorsfoundation.org/enroll
Click here for sample social media posts you can use for each option above.
Click here for graphics.
Don't forget to tag @TNImagination and all of your friends/family/colleagues to help us celebrate Tennessee’s Imagination Library Week and 30 Million Books Mailed. On Facebook, “Check-in” to the Facebook event location, Tennessee Imagination Library Week 2017